Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Thursday Blues...

I have been in a huge crafting slump...and in the worst time to be in one...right when i should be ramping up for Christmas!!!

Sometimes i feel like i should save my money and not craft since i feel like no one wants what i make. i put so much time and effort into making my plushies and it makes me sad to see them sitting in my shop going no where.

I think i need to really sit down and make a crafting schedule and make myself do things in the alloted time. I am a full-time student and i work and maintain a cosy apartment so between chores (eg. cooking healthy meals), classes, homework and work i feel like my "me time" dissapears.

I feel like when you are an etsy seller not selling it totally saps your will to create and spend more... but maybe i will try a little harder, since my promotional skills are lacking and see what i can accomplish this holiday season!

Good luck to all my fellow crafters out there :)

3 comments:

KimbolinaMarie said...

lil monkey... I feel the same way you do!! The more creative you "have" to be, the less it works. I call it crafters block! (ya know, like writers block! I'm cheesy like that).... I get so tied up in what others think, and I take them not buying something, as them not liking it.

But you have to go back to your roots... you started crafting as a hobby and for fun right?? keep it that way, and the stress will relieve itself. hopefully. Just try to let it be fun again, and pretend you don't care what anyone else thinks!! (sorry I get wordy)

KimbolinaMarie said...

I know, I'm so negative right now... & I'm the one who tells people not to get down... well, I can't even take my own advice. Everyone says promote your shop more, do this do that... There are way to many people doing the right things and not getting anything from it, so I know its just hard times right now.

I'm so depressed about my shop, just like you. I just try not to express it... well I'm not hiding it anymore, I'm ticked off!

Sleepless Stitch said...

wow, reading this was like looking in the mirror...I have written the same thing in the past.
Hang in there things will get better and you will sell again. You make great things don't be down on yourself, it's not you just remember that. :)
Hope you get lots of inspiration in the days to come.
~Christina